The Men's Center has Served Twin Cities Men since 1976.
The Men's Center (TCMC) is an incorporated, educational non-profit 501(c)3, volunteer organization which began in 1976 as an outgrowth of the Men's Awareness Network in the Twin Cities in 1973.
TCMC offers a variety of Support Groups, Workshops, brunches, retreats, playshops, Presentations and conferences. Presenters participate in weekly programs on Wednesday nights at the Men's Center. TCMC provides speakers and custom-designed programs for schools and community organizations.
Since 1996, The Men's Center began offering Men Helping Men with Anger Management classes, pioneering this vital healing field. We continue to serve as a clearinghouse of Resources for Twin Cities Men.
The Men's Center provides resources for men seeking to grow in body, mind and spirit, and from that foundation advocates for healthier family and community relationships.
- We believe men can and should support each other through times of personal challenge and change.
- We believe in authenticity, which means acknowledging to ourselves and each other our hopes, fears, strengths and weaknesses as men seeking to grow.
- We believe in honesty among men, which means men freely expressing themselves emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually in ways true to their own growth and masculinities.
- We believe in respecting diversity and mutuality in our support groups, workshops, conferences and outreach activities which means supporting and empowering all men.
- We believe in the equality of men and women.
- We believe in recognizing and appreciating our similarities and differences as humans of all races and national origins, and in the process fostering mutual respect and brotherhood for us all.
- We believe in the power of our common humanity, which means regardless of our sexual orientations, gender identities, or other issues that separate us, what we have in common transcends our differences.